KYSS stands for Know Your Status Stage, and it’s all about fighting the war against HIV/AIDS with music. When you get tested at a partner site between now and June 22nd, you will receive one free ticket for the show.
Ready to get tested? Here’s where you can go:
▪ June 2nd – June 22nd – Out of the Closet – 475 Atlantic Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11217 – Hours: M-F 10-6pm, Sat 10-5pm
▪ June 4th – LaGuardia College (AHF Mobile Unit) - 31-10 Thomson Ave, Long Island City, NY 11101 – Hours 3pm-6pm
▪ June 11th – Boxers Hell’s Kitchen (AHF Mobile Unit) - 50th & 9th - Hours 3pm-12am
▪ June 17th – Kellogg’s Diner (AHF Mobile Unit) – 514 Metropolitan Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11211 - Hours 12pm-4pm
▪ June 19th – Union Square (AHF Mobile Unit) – Union Square West between 15 & 16th St- Hours 1pm-4pm
▪ June 21st – East Harlem Asthma Center of Excellence (AHF Mobile Unit) -161-169 East 110th Street b/w Lexington Ave and 3rd Avenue - 12pm-4pm
Think you don’t need to get tested? Think again. According to the Center for Disease Control, more than 1,000 people between ages 13-24 are “newly infected with HIV each month in the US.” If these young people haven’t been tested, they could be unknowingly spreading the disease.
Are you still so sure you don’t need to get tested? June 27th, the date of the show, is National HIV Testing Day, and if you’re looking for a reason to go: this is it.
We’ll see you at the Music Hall of Williamsburg in Brooklyn, NY.
It's Your (Sex) Life
Taking control of your sex life means making your own decisions -- and totally owning it.