“Snooki + NOH8 T-Shirt Contest”
Sponsored by MTV Act
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
2. Entry Period/Contest Overview: MTV’s “Snooki + NOH8 T-Shirt Contest” (the “Contest”) commences at 12:00:01 PM Eastern Time (“ET”) on October 28, 2013 and ends at 11:59:59 PM (ET) on November 11, 2013 (the “Entry Period”). All entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM (ET) on November 11, 2013. Eligible Entries (defined hereinafter) to be judged by Sponsor in accordance with Section 5 to determine the two (2) winners (the “Winners”).
3. Eligibility: The Contest is open to individuals who are legal residents of one (1) of the fifty (50) contiguous United States and District of Columbia and who are at least sixteen (16) years of age at the time of entry. Entry into this Contest requires a Twitter account. Entrants who have not yet reached the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which they reside will need to obtain permission from their parents/legal guardians in order to participate and be declared a Winner. Employees and their immediate families (i.e., parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings) of Viacom Media Networks, a division of Viacom International Inc. (“VMN” or “Sponsor”), Twitter Inc. (“Twitter”), and each of their respective affiliated companies, sponsors, subsidiaries, advertising agencies and third party fulfillment agencies (collectively, the “Contest Entities”) are not eligible to enter this Contest. By participating in this Contest, Entrants: (a) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretations of these Official Rules by the Sponsor, and by the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) release and hold harmless Contest Entities and their respective agents, employees, officers, directors, successors and assigns, against any and all claims, injury or damage arising out of or relating to participation in this Contest and/or use or misuse or redemption of a Prize (as hereinafter defined); and (c) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules.
All entries submitted in accordance with these Official Rules shall be hereinafter referred to as “Eligible Entries”. In the event of a dispute over who submitted a winning entry, the authorized subscriber of the Twitter account used to participate in this Contest at the actual time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The authorized account subscriber is defined as the natural person who is assigned a Twitter account by Twitter. All Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. All entries must comply with the Twitter Terms of Service [https://twitter.com/tos]. Creating multiple Twitter accounts in order to exceed the limits on entries permitted by these Official Rules may result in the disqualification of such entries from such accounts. Important note: If your Twitter account is set to “protected mode,” your updates/responses may not be visible in Sponsor’s @MTVAct inbox and may not thus be received by Sponsor unless you previously consented to permit Sponsor to see the your Twitter updates. If you opt to use Twitter via your wireless mobile device (which may only be available via participating wireless carriers and is not required to enter the Contest), standard text messaging and/or data rates may apply for each message sent or received from your handset according to the terms and conditions of your services agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers’ rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Contest. Participation in this Contest by mobile device means that you understand that you may receive additional messages by mobile device relating to this Contest, including notifying you if you are a potential Winner, which may be subject to charges pursuant to your carrier’s rate plan. Text messaging may not be available from all mobile phone service carriers and handset models. Mobile device service may not be available in all areas. Check your phone’s capabilities for specific instructions.
The content of Tweets will be moderated by Sponsor prior to being accepted as party of an entry. Entrants must complete their entries as directed and within the timeframe specified by Sponsor. Failure on behalf of an entrant to comply with the foregoing may result in an incomplete or disqualified entry.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE CONTENT OF ANY AND ALL TWEETS AND METADATA SUBMITTED FOR THIS CONTEST MAY BE PUBLICLY VIEWABLE. IN ADDITION, ENTRANTS ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THEIR ENTRIES MAY BE RETWEETED OR REPOSTED BY THE PUBLIC OR OPEN TO PUBLIC COMMENTARY, FOR WHICH SPONSOR SHALL NOT BE LIABLE.
Entrant agrees: (a) that he/she has all rights to the contents of the entry all components thereof, and that entrant has obtained all rights, consents and permission, necessary to grant the rights granted herein; (b) that the entry does not and will not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation; (c) that the entry is free and clear of any liens or claims with respect to the use of the entry in the manner authorized herein and will not give rise to any claims of infringement, invasion of privacy or publicity or claims, or infringe on any rights or interests of any third party, or give rise to any claims for any payment whatsoever, including but not limited to claims for re-use fees or residuals; and (d) that the entry is not and will not be defamatory, trade libelous, pornographic or obscene.
Entrant shall retain all copyright in and to his/her entry; provided, however that entrant agrees that by entering into this Contest he/she is granting Sponsor (and Sponsor’s subsidiaries and affiliates and affiliated broadcast stations and networks, successors and assignees and licensees) the non-exclusive, worldwide irrevocable right and license, but not the obligation, to exhibit, broadcast, copy, reproduce, encode, compress, encrypt, incorporate data into, edit, dub, superimpose, rebroadcast, transmit, record, publicly perform and distribute and synchronize in timed relation to visual elements, the Entries and/or any portions or excerpts thereof, in any manner, an unlimited number of times, in any and all media, now known or hereafter devised for any purpose, throughout the world in perpetuity. Sponsor may use the Entries (or any portion thereof, including, without limitation an entrant’s Twitter screen name) to advertise, promote and publicize, the Contest, Sponsor’s businesses, products and worldwide programming services and/or Sponsor’s websites in all media throughout the universe and may authorize others to do so; such advertising, promotion and publicity may include portions and excerpts, in addition to cut-in, synchronized, dubbed and superimposed versions of the Entries. The undersigned acknowledges that Sponsor may use the Entries in accordance with the permission granted herein without any payment to the undersigned or any third party.
Entrants agree that entries shall not contain, include or involve any of the following:
- Gratuitous obscenity
- Crude, vulgar or offensive pictures, depictions, images, language and/or symbols
- Gang signs or symbols
- Excessive, extreme or gratuitous violence
- Glamorization of illegal drug or alcohol use
- Commercial products (e.g., clothing, toys, food) and/or their trademarks, brands, logos or endorsements
- Unauthorized trademarks and copyrighted material (e.g., music, lyrics etc.)
- License plates, phone numbers, personal addresses – physical or email or otherwise
- Website or web page links
- Derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious groups, humiliate other people (publicly or otherwise), any assault or threatening of others
- Trespass or the violation of other people’s rights or property
- Illegal (e.g., discriminatory, harassing) or inappropriate activity, behavior or conduct (e.g., inflicting emotional distress)
- Conduct or activities in violation of these Official Rules
- Any other content, display, materials and/or images that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion
- Any person other than the entrant
Language and themes contained in entries will be evaluated by Sponsor based on content and societal acceptability.
Sponsor is not obligated to, use, publish, display or broadcast any submitted entries (in whole or in part). Each entrant acknowledges that Sponsor will rely on such entrant’s agreement and compliance with these Official Rules when entrant submits or attempts to submit the entry. Sponsor reserves the right to reject any Entries that it deems, in its sole discretion, to violate any of its standards and practices policies or the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules. Sponsor may modify or edit any materials related to an entry or request entrants to do so, so that such materials meet such guidelines.
In submitting an entry into this Contest, each entrant agrees to, confirms and represents to Sponsor that neither he/she nor anyone else has engaged or taken part in (or induced or encouraged anyone else to do so) in any activity or conduct in connection with this Contest that: (i) may or is likely to harm or create a risk of harm, physical or mental injury, emotional distress, death, disability, disfigurement, or physical or mental illness to any person, other living thing or any property; (ii) may/or is likely to create a risk of any other loss or damage to person, living things or property; (iii) is or may constitute a crime, unlawful or non-consensual activities (e.g., conduct that could lead to criminal prosecution), tortuous conduct (e.g., conduct that could lead to civil prosecution) or the violation or infringement of the rights of any other party; or (iv) violates any of the terms or conditions of these Official Rules.
5. Winners’ Selection/Notification: At the conclusion of the Entry Period, a panel of judges comprised of Sponsor’s representatives (the “Judges”) will judge Eligible Entries on the basis of, creativity, originality and relevance weighted equally (the “Judging Criteria”) to determine the two (2) Winners.
The final determination of the Winners and the application of the Judging Criteria shall be in the sole and absolute discretion of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to extend the Entry Period or select fewer than two (2) Winners if Sponsor determines, in its sole and absolute discretion that entries received did not meet the minimum qualification standards based on the Judging Criteria specified herein or if there are an insufficient number of Eligible Entries. To the extent permitted by law, Sponsor disclaims any liability from, and entrants, whether or not selected as a Winner, agree to waive, any claims against Sponsor relating to the judging or awarding process. Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate potential Winner in the event that any potential Winner fails to comply with these Official Rules. To the extent permitted by law, Sponsor disclaims any liability from, and entrants, whether or not a Winner, agree to waive, any claims against Sponsor relating to the judging or prize awarding process.
Winners will be announced on or around November 15, 2013. Sponsor will make one (1) attempt over the twenty-four (24) hour period following the potential Winner’s selection to contact the potential Winners via direct messaging to their respective Twitter accounts. In the event that a potential Winner does not respond within twenty-four (24) hours of being contacted such potential Winner will be disqualified and an alternate Winner will be selected from among the remaining applicable Eligible Entries received at Sponsor’s discretion.
6. Winner’s Verification. Potential Winners must prove eligibility, including, without limitation, proof of age and residence within three (3) days of being notified as a potential Winner. In the event of non-compliance by a potential Winner such potential Winner shall be disqualified and all privileges otherwise due as the Winner shall be terminated and an alternate potential Winner may be chosen from among all of the remaining applicable Eligible Entries received if time permits in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Winner must sign (his/her parent/legal guardian must sign if Winner is not the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which he/she resides) within three (3) days of receipt of the following documents from Sponsor: (a) an affidavit of eligibility and release of Contest Entities and its respective officers, directors, employees, agents and members (“Releasees”), from any and all liability, loss, claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injury and/or damage, theft, loss, or any other harm suffered in connection with this Contest or the use/misuse or acceptance of a Prize (as hereinafter defined) or any portion thereof to be eligible for a Prize; and (b) except where prohibited by law, a promotional release granting Contest Entities the right to use his/her name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation and (c) any other documentation required by Sponsor, including a W2 form and Winner’s social security number for tax purposes (collectively, the “Releases”). Entry into this Contest constitutes agreement to sign such Releases. Winner also must acknowledge that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide insurance of any kind relating to the Prize and that Winner (his/her parent/legal guardian must sign if Winner is not the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which he/she resides) will be responsible for obtaining and paying for any life, travel, accident, property or other form of insurance relating to the Prize. Winner must also complete any additional legal documents provided by Sponsor (or third party on its behalf, if applicable) with respect to the Prize and return them as instructed within the time frame specified by Sponsor or Winner may forfeit Prize at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Failure to return all such documents and comply with Sponsor’s deadlines, noncompliance with these Official Rules or the return of any prize or prize notification will result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. All decisions of the Sponsor relating to the Contest are final. Sponsor expressly reserves the right to delay the announcement of the Winner for creative or technical reasons or for any other reason Sponsor deems necessary.
7. Prizes (2): Each Winner will receive one (1) T-shirt autographed by Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi (each, a “Prize” and collectively, the “Prizes”).
The approximate retail value (the “ARV”) of each Prize is $100.00 (USD) and the total ARV of all prizes to be awarded in this Contest is $200.00. The ARV is subject to change based on current market conditions at time of prize fulfillment. Any difference between the ARV and the actual value, if any, will not be awarded. Arrangements for fulfillment of the Prize will be made by Sponsor within approximately two (2) four (4) weeks following the selection and verification of the Winners but such date is subject to change in Sponsor’s sole discretion. A potential Winner is not a recipient of a prize until he/she has been verified as a Winner by the Sponsor. All details related to the Prize will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. The value of the Prize may be taxable to the Winner as income. Winner may need to supply Sponsor with his/her social security numbers for tax purposes. Upon entry into the Sweepstakes, Winner (as well as all other entrants) is required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations. All federal, state and local taxes (if any)associated acceptance and use of a Prize not specifically provided for in these Official Rules, are solely Winner’s responsibility. Sponsor shall have no responsibility or obligation to the Winner or any potential Winner who is unable or unavailable to accept or utilize the Prize as described herein. No substitution, transfer or cash equivalent of the Prizes or any portion thereof is permitted, except by Sponsor, in which case a prize of comparable or greater value may be awarded.
8. General Terms: Noncompliance with any of these Official Rules may result in disqualification. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY A WINNER OR ANY BEHAVIOR BY A WINNER THAT WILL BRING SUCH WINNER OR CONTEST ENTITIES INTO DISREPUTE (IN SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS A WINNER OF THE CONTEST AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS A WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED. The Contest Entities assume no responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the Entries in this Contest. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Contest, or in the announcement of the Prizes and/or the Winners . If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, the Prizes may be awarded to winners to be selected from among all Eligible Entries received up until and or after (if applicable) the time of modification, cancellation or termination or in a manner that is fair and equitable as determined by Sponsor. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions by Sponsor are final. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THE NEW YORK COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE CONTEST AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK SHALL GOVERN THE CONTEST. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS. Entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless Contest Entities from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Contest, to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against Contest Entities, and hereby acknowledge that Contest Entities has neither made nor is in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prizes.
9. Request for the Names of the Winners and/or Official Rules: For the names of the Winners and/or Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope by January 13, 2014 to: MTV Public Affairs, 1515 Broadway, 40th Floor, New York, NY 10036, Attention: “Snooki + NOH8 T-Shirt Contest”. Please note on the front left-hand corner of your outer envelope whether you are requesting “Official Rules” or the names of the “Winners”. Vermont residents may omit return postage if requesting a set of Official Rules.
11. Sponsor: This Contest sponsored by Viacom Media Networks, a division of Viacom International Inc. on behalf of the MTV programming service, 1515 Broadway, New York, NY 10036. Twitter is not a sponsor of the Contest, and is in no way responsible for the administration of the Contest, the verification of the Winners or the fulfillment of the prizes.