Although 11 years apart, these two are like twinsies in so many ways! They got their start with Disney (both at the age of 11), hail from the dirrrty south (Brit from Louisiana and Miley from Nashville) and share the same manager, Larry Rudolph. Also, both are risky, super-successful singers (DUH!), and best of all: huge-hearted songstresses. The two have used their star power to do a lot of good throughout the years. From Britney supporting St. Jude to Miley being a massive ally to the LGBT community, these two always impress us when it comes to giving back.
They have a legit love fest for each other too! “I’m a huge fan of hers. I think she’s brilliant right now,” said Brit about MC. And what does the “Wrecking Ball” singer think of the princess of pop? “The way that I am about Britney, that’s the way a lot of people are about me,” explained Miley. “She was my first record. I was a lot of people’s first album. First idol. I’ll be a diehard fan for Britney, always.”
So, since these two are pretty much kindred souls, can you guess whose line is whose?
+ QUIZ: Who said it: Britney Spears or Miley Cyrus?
1) “This is who I am. I think it’s only hard if you’re trying to be something you’re not. Being who you are is really easy.”
2) “I know not everyone will like me, but this is who I am, so if you don’t like it — tough!”
3) “At the end of the day, I would say I’m a nice person, and I take pride in the fact that I treat everyone really well, so there’s no reason for anyone to ever come at me because I only want the best for everybody else.”
4) “I don’t want to be perfect, but I do want to be a role model. My mom always tells me that imperfections equal beauty. All of us are imperfect.”
5) “I would like to be called an inspiration to people, not a role model — because I make mistakes like everybody else. When I’m offstage, I’m just like everybody else.”
6) “Love is love! People should be able to do whatever makes them happy!”
7) “We all should be tolerant of one another and embrace our differences.”
8) “I don’t like defining myself. I just am.”
9) “I’m not really scared or insecure about anything because I’m used to people judging me. I’m used to people knocking me down, so I’m used to getting back up.”
10) “I think everybody should be pro love.”
11) “I dress the way I want. I don’t pretend to be someone I’m not.”
12) “You deal. You survive. You grow up and you build a career. And you remember these big/little hardships. They make you human.”
Answers: 1) Miley 2) Britney 3) Miley 4) Miley 5) Britney 6) Britney 7) Miley 8) Britney 9) Miley 10) Britney 11) Britney 12) Miley
For Britney's b-day, donate to St. Jude and help kids get more birthdays!
Fight the Phobia
Join, or form, a Gay Straight Alliance Network at your school and fight homophobia.