Although he can be over the top at times (Jaded sex on a hog, anyone?), Yeezy is one smart cookie, which is evident in his intricate lyrical flow and political Twitter rants, not to mention the fact that he just lectured at the Harvard Graduate School of Design. Kanye likes to break the mold, much like Cornel did when he became the first African-American man to graduate from Princeton University. And although he’s not a rapper, Cornel West spits dope poetic prose that may as well have come straight outta Kanye’s mouth.
Can you tell whose lines are whose? I’m gonna need a Kanye/Cornel collabo ASAP.
+ QUIZ: Who said it? Kanye West or Cornel West?
1. “I really appreciate you guys’ willingness to learn and hone your craft, and not be lazy about creation.”
2. “I must feel the fire of my soul so my intellectual blues can set others on fire.”
3. “You can’t lead the people if you don’t love the people. You can’t save the people if you don’t serve the people.”
4. “I just wanted to tell you guys: I really do believe that the world can be saved through design, and everything needs to actually be architected.”
5. ”I will spark a generation of thinkers who will question traditional thought until they find the absolute truth.”
6. “White supremacist ideology is based first and foremost on the degradation of black bodies in order to control them.”
7. ”I like symmetry. From a design perspective, the confederate flag is colder than the current American flag.”
8. “I’m a bluesman moving through a blues-soaked America, a blues-soaked world.”
9. “When ordinary people wake up, elites begin to tremble in their boots. They can’t get away with their abuse. They can’t get away with subjection.”
10. “There are so many broken systems, from the economy, to school systems, to jail systems. We need experts for this.”
Answers: 1. Kanye 2. Cornel 3. Cornel 4. Kanye 5. Kanye 6. Cornel 7. Kanye 8. Cornel 9. Cornel 10. Kanye
And we leave you with a photoshopped version of Cornye!
Get the resources you need for a higher education!
Learn how you can battle racism with the help of United Nations' Let's Fight Racism campaign.