Hillary Clinton and Madonna stumped y’all with their immaculate collection of girl power quotes in our inaugural Democrat or Diva quiz -- and now we’re throwing another mouth-off in the mix: Joe Biden vs. Mariah Carey!
Surprised? Don't be. Perhaps these two don’t seem to have as much in common as fierce female leaders Madge and Hillz, but we promise y'all that they belong together! All it takes is a little digging to see why Joe-Joe and Mimi’s loose lips will keep y’all guessing.
First off, Joe and Mariah came up the same way -- both had a middle-class upbringing in the Northeast and ended up following in their Irish side’s footsteps. “Biden O’Malley” (one of his many nicknames) went into politics like his great-grandfather, a Pennsylvania State Senator and Mariah pursued music like her mama, a vocal coach and opera singer. And now they both lead fantasy lives -- he’s the "Bice President" (his secret service call sign) while she’s the newest American Idol judge/savior as well as the best-selling female artist of the millennium. Not too shabby!
All that media attention has given the Bidenator and Madame Mariah plenty of opportunities to sound off -- and boy do they loooove to speak their minds. Obama’s campaign staff started referring to the Veep’s constant gaffes as Joe bombs (which sometimes became f-bombs) and before she was Mrs. Nick Cannon, the exhausted pop star had a public meltdown that lead to some pretty whacky behavior. Like doing a surprise striptease on Carson Daly-era TRL while pushing an ice cream cart and announcing ““If you don’t have ice cream in your life, sometimes you just might go a little bit crazy.” #TRUTH
Plus, they both have their diva demands -- insiders refer to Joe as “Junior Mints” because it’s always the first thing he asks for when he boards Air Force One and Mariah famously requested butterfly-shaped confetti and 20 white kittens at a London event. And Joe isn’t the only political one – Mariah used her world-class pipes to welcome Barry to the White House with a rendition of "Hero" at his Neighborhood Inaugural Ball in ’08 and she just debuted a new Prez-inspired song -- “Bring It On Home” -- at a recent Obama fundraiser.
So now it’s time for the emancipation of these unpredictable soundbytes -- it's quite a roundup of quotes from DC's VP and AI's VIP!
+QUIZ: Who Said It?! Democrat or Diva: Joe Biden vs. Mariah Carey
1. "An hour late, oh give me a f***ing break."
2. "In this world, I call the shots and I think I know best."
3. "You need to work on your pecs."
4. "Bring me olives and morsels and I'll be happy."
5. "So I jumped on that sucker and laid rubber."
6. "There is a light at the end of the tunnel...hopefully it's not a freight train!"
7. "It’s hard to be someone that people talk about and write about, you know? They don’t know me."
8. "Well, with these two folks that you're about to meet, if you haven't already, there's no doubt about them staying oiled and lubricated here."
9. "I promise you, the president has a big stick. I promise you."
10. "I don't know why, but everybody thinks that I'm short. When they see me for the first time, women are always surprised to be obliged to raise their head."
11. "I'm not allowed to drive anything. It's the one thing I hate about this job. I'm serious."
12. "Guess what? I prefer the stairs."
You have the power to decide the outcome of the 2012 Election. Register to vote with our super easy registration tool. So, no excuses. Vote like a champ.
1. Joe Biden 2. Mariah Carey 3. Joe Biden 4. Mariah Carey 5. Joe Biden 6. Mariah Carey 7. Mariah Carey 8. Joe Biden 9. Joe Biden 10. Mariah Carey 11. Joe Biden 12. Mariah Carey
Additional reporting for this story by Maddy Roth