One’s been called the First Lady of Pop (and she played Argentina’s First Lady, Evita Peron); the other actually was the First Lady. Madonna and Hillary Clinton are two of the most powerful females in the world — so who better to kick off the first installment of our “Who Said It: Democrat or Diva” series than these two iconic women?!
Yup, we’re taking our “Rapper or Republican” quizzes to the other side of the aisle. It was time we put the Dems in the quotable hot seat. So allow me to introduce America’s blondest ambition…
Let’s start with the stats. Hillary was the first First Lady to run for public office post White House; after winning she became the first female New York Senator AND then she followed that up as the first First Lady to serve in a presidential cabinet. As you might guess, Madonna’s no slouch in the resume department either. She’s won the most MTV Video Music Awards of any artist, Time named her one of the “25 Most Powerful Women of the Past Century,” and she’s the top-selling female artist of all-time. And in 2008 — while Hillary was running for Prez, NBD — Madonna was inducted into The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
And age certainly isn’t tuckering out their take-charge attitudes. Just this past year, 64-year-old Hillz logged the most air miles of any Sectary of State: 102 nations visited and 843,839 miles flown over 351 days. (Coincidentally, she was also the most well-traveled First Lady in American history.) And her popularity has blown UP — homegirl rejected Ryan Gosling AND Jason Segel in the same year! 53-year-old Madonna out-pom pom’ed Nicki Minaj and M.I.A. (both could be her kids) during the Super Bowl Halftime Show in January and is currently promoting her 12th album MDNA on her 9th tour — all in stiletto boots.
So which super woman uttered the quotes below? Y’all are about to get hung up on this quiz!
+QUIZ: Who Said It?! Democrat or Diva: Hillary Clinton vs Madonna
1. “I’m undaunted in my quest to amuse myself by constantly changing my hair.”
2. “If I didn’t kick his ass every day, he wouldn’t be worth anything.”
3. “I am a survivor. I am like a cockroach; you just can’t get rid of me.“
4. “Listen, everyone is entitled to my opinion.”
5. “Sometimes you have to be a bitch to get things done.”
6. “You know, I suppose I could have stayed home and baked cookies and had teas, but what I decided to do was to fulfill my profession.”
7.”I’m anal retentive. I’m a workaholic. I have insomnia. And I’m a control freak.”
8. “So nice to be a fashion icon in my day.”
9. “Well, this isn’t exactly the party I’d planned, but I sure like the company.”
10. “I have the same goal I’ve had ever since I was a girl. I want to rule the world.”
1. Hillary Clinton 2. Hillary Clinton 3. Madonna 4. Madonna 5. Madonna 6. Hillary Clinton 7. Madonna 8.Hillary Clinton 9. Hillary Clinton 10. Madonna
Log on to MTV's Power of 12
Learn more about MTV's election campaign, Power of 12. Get news, register to vote and more!
Follow Power Of 12
Get your dose of election updates and ways to get involved in 140 characters or less thanks to @MTVPowerof12.