If he’s not elected, she’s gonna “build a new planet” for all her Little Monsters. During their “productive bilateral talks,” he thought her 16-inch heels were “a little intimidating.” Are y’all ready to play the Presidential edition of Democrat or Diva: Barack Obama vs Lady Gaga!
Yeah, we went big on this one. We’re talking about two bonafide history makers: Obama’s the first African-American Prez of the United States of America and Gaga was the first pop star to rock a meat dress. Aaaaand she’s also one of the best selling artists of all time — an estimated 23 million albums and 64 million singles worldwide. Forget edge of glory, they jumped off that career cliff a loooooong time ago.
Photo: Lady Gaga in 2008 and Barack Obama in 2005, before becoming icons. (Getty Images)
Both also spent formative years in NYC — The Gaga formerly known as Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta grew up in the Big Apple, studied at the Convent of the Sacred Heart and briefly attended New York University while Barry got his undergrad political science degree at Columbia. During those college days, he was literally “Becoming Obama” AND learning the language of love — one of his old gfs even revealed that the POTUS with the Mostess totes has a poker face!
Mother Monster cares about the same issues as Sasha and Malia’s Pops-in-Chief as well — which she revealed when we asked the pop princess what she would do as President for the day. Barack repealed the “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” Act that LGBT activist Lady Gaga so fiercely protested and he officially became the first sitting President to come out (pun intended!) in support of same-sex marriage earlier this year. Miss Gaga even went to DC for a personal chat with the Prez to talk solutions in the fight against bullying — a battle her Born This Way Foundation is constantly waging. Speaking of her self-empowerment anthem, have you seen Barack’s version?!?!
Photo: Lady Gaga rep’in her Yankees, and Obama during his Columbia years. (NY Times)
Who knows what (or who) Gaga was thinking about when she wrote “Government Hooker,” but one thing’s for sure — y’all are gonna have a helluva time deciding which Americano said what in this quiz! Ra-ra-ra-ready??
+QUIZ: Who Said It?! Democrat or Diva: Barack Obama vs Lady Gaga
1. If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it’s possible that I’m a little too awesome.
2. Well, that’s your opinion, isn’t it? And I’m not about to waste my time trying to change it.
3. Three words: Vice President Oprah.
4. The turning point for me was the gay community. They’ll always stand by me and I’ll always stand by them.
5. I have nothing to hide, I enjoy being myself. I’m not going to change who I am just because it’s Halloween.
6. You have to be unique, and different, and shine in your own way.
7. How’s it going, Sunshine?
8. It is true, I worry about the hype. The only person more over-hyped than me is you.
9. We do big things.
10. All that ever holds somebody back, I think, is fear.
11. There’s not a black America and a white America and Latino America and Asian America; there is the United States of America.
12. I wasn’t aware of this ambiguity in our Constitution. I thought the Constitution was ultimate.
Wanna know how you can get a perfect score on the most important test of the election year? VOTE on November 6th! All you gotta do is check out our super easy registration tool and get informed with Power of 12. NO EXCUSES!