Hollywood has “gone green” thanks to a little frog we all know and love that goes by the name — you guessed it– Kermit.
Tomorrow (aka the moment we’ve all been waiting for) the Muppets will reunite to save their old theater from a greedy oil tycoon named Tex Richman in The Muppets movie. The gang must raise $10 milli to save their beloved theater. How they gon’ do dat? By organizing the Greatest Muppet Telethon Ever. Will they raise the money needed to S.O.S. the theater? Let’s keep our fingers super crossed! In honor of the Muppets being such do-gooders we want to give props to their ring leader — the loveable, huggable Kermit. Below are 8 reasons Kermit rules.
1. He takes the meaning “going green” to a anotha level.
2. Being a frog pursuing Hollywood among humans, his motto has always been “It’s OK to be different.”
3. He’s mad tight with Lady Gaga and a huge supporter of her “Born This Way” mission.
4. Kermit was featured in ABC’s The Earth Day Special, 21 years ago — waaaay before the masses became involved in environmental issues. He’s a green pioneer of sorts! The special featured a segment in which inhabitants of a devastated swamp. which included Kermit and his nephew Robin, talk ’bout how pollution is ruining the Earth.
5. He wrote self-help books titled “One Frog Can Make A Difference, Kermit’s Guide to Life” and “Before You Leap: A Frog’s Eye View of Life’s Greatest Lessons.”
6. He believes love can exist no matter what size, shape, race, gender or pig.
7. In 2006, Kermit sang a song about being green in a commercial for Ford Escape Hybrid, promoting the eco-friendly cars.
8. “The Rainbow Connection” was a popular song performed by Kermit and has sparked some claims that it is related LGBTQ awareness. The song title has inspired the name for many charitable organizations. P.S. The song was released 32 years ago, in 1979! We love how it’s still relevant today!
Support Muppets, er Puppets!
Learn 'bout The Jim Henson Foundation which promotes and develops the art of puppetry in the U.S.