You’re invited to the GYT Party! Want a chance to win some Beats by Dre. Headphones and a trip for 2 to NYC for a taping of an MTV Show? Here are the deets:
When: Between Monday 2/13-Friday 2/17
What: MTV will pose a daily question about the GYT interactive video, to be answered by you!
Check this space for the daily question! Get it first on Twitter @MTVact.
How: To enter the sweeps, click through the video to find the answer (like a scavenger hunt!) and tweet: @MTVact [insert your answer] #GYTPARTY http://act.mtv.com/gytparty
Daily Prizes: 1 lucky winner will be randomly selected each day to win a pair of Beats by Dre. Headphones
Grand Prize: 1 grand prize winner will be randomly selected to win a trip for 2 to NYC for a taping of an MTV show
Now go get the party started!
“The GYT Party Giveaway” Sponsored by MTV Act
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
2. Entry Period: The “‘GYT Party Giveaway” (the “Sweepstakes”) commences at 11:00 AM (EDT) on February 13, 2012 and ends at 11:59:59 PM (EDT) on February 17, 2012 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). There will be five (5) daily drawings (the “Daily Drawing(s)”) and one grand prize drawing (the “Grand Prize Drawing”) to select the Winners (hereinafter defined) as follows: There will one Daily Drawing and one daily winner (the “Daily Winner(s)”) for each day of the Sweepstakes Period and one (1) grand prize drawing at the end of the Sweepstakes Period to select the grand prize winner (the “Grand Prize Winner” and together with the Daily Winners, the “Winners”) The entry period for each of the Daily Drawings commences at 11:00:01 AM (EDT) on the day of the Daily Drawing and ends at 11:59:59 PM (EDT) on the same day (the “Entry Period(s)”). Entries for the Grand Prize Drawing must be received within the Sweepstakes Period. The odds of winning depend on the total number of Eligible Entries (hereinafter defined) received for a Daily Drawing or the Grand Prize Drawing, as applicable.
3. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open to individuals who are: (i) legal residents of one (1) of the fifty (50) United States or District of Columbia, (ii) are at least fourteen (14) years of age or older at the time of entry and (ii) who have a Twitter account. (. Entrants who have not yet reached the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which they reside will need to obtain permission from their parents/legal guardians in order to enter be declared a Winner. Employees and their immediate families (i.e., parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings) of Viacom International Inc. (“Sponsor”), Center for Disease Control and Prevention (“CDC”), Twitter Inc. (“Twitter”) and each of their respective affiliated companies, sponsors, subsidiaries, advertising agencies and third party fulfillment agencies (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”) are not eligible to enter this Sweepstakes. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants: (a) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretations of these Official Rules by the Sponsor, and by the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes; (b) release and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities and their respective agents, employees, officers, directors, successors and assigns, against any and all claims, injury or damage arising out of or relating to participation in this Sweepstakes and/or use or misuse or redemption of a Prize (as hereinafter defined); and (c) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules.
4. To Enter: During the Sweepstakes Period, go to http://www.act.mtv.com or twitter.com/MTVACT, to get the GYT PARTY “Question of the Day”. From your Twitter account, follow MTVACT account and tweet the correct answer to the GYT PARTY “Question of the Day” along with the hash tag #GYT PARTY to the MTVACT account during the Entry Period: @MTVACT [insert answer] #GYTPARTY Rules: http://ow.ly/4YBv9” (the “Tweet”). (Note: You will need to create a Twitter account if you don’t already have one. Membership on Twitter is free, and registration for Twitter can be obtained by logging on to http://twitter.com (“Twitter Web Site”) and following the onscreen instructions to open an account.) By following MTVACT and sending the Tweet including the phrase and hash tag, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES. You are required to follow the MTVACT Twitter account located at http://www.twitter.com/MTVACT so you can see the Winners’ announcement to see if you’ve won (pending verification) in addition to the winner notification described in Section 5 below . Please note that if you do not respond to the Winner notification described in Section 5, you will be disqualified and another Winner may be selected. You must retweet the Tweet exactly as it appears above, and include the correct answer to the GYT PARTY Question of the day during the Entry Period of a Drawing to count as one (1) entry. One (1) entry per person per day allowed and limit one Prize per person. Automated tweets or tweets sent via a bot will be disqualified (the “Entries”).
All Entries containing the correct answer to the “Question of the Day” and submitted in accordance with these Official Rules shall be hereinafter referred to as “Eligible Entries”. In the event of a dispute over who submitted a winning Entry, the authorized subscriber of the Twitter account used to participate in the Sweepstakes at the actual time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The authorized account subscriber is defined as the natural person who is assigned a Twitter account by Twitter. All Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. All entries must comply with the Twitter Terms of Service and Twitter Rules available at the Twitter Web Site. Creating multiple Twitter Accounts in order to exceed the limits on Entries permitted by these Official Rules may result in the disqualification of such entries from such accounts. Important note: If your Twitter account is set to “protected mode,” your updates/responses may not be visible in Sponsor’s @MTVACT inbox and may not thus be received by Sponsor unless you previously consented to permit Sponsor to see the your Twitter updates. If you opt to use Twitter via your wireless mobile device (which may only be available via participating wireless carriers and is not required to enter the Sweepstakes), standard text messaging and/or data rates may apply for each message sent or received from your handset according to the terms and conditions of your services agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers’ rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Sweepstakes. Participation in this Sweepstakes by mobile device means that you understand that you may receive additional messages by mobile device relating to this Sweepstakes, including notifying you if you are a Winner, which may be subject to charges pursuant to your carrier’s rate plan. Text messaging may not be available from all mobile phone service carriers and handset models. Mobile device service may not be available in all areas. Check your phone’s capabilities for specific instructions.
5. Winner Selection/Notification: Winners will be selected by Sponsor on or around February 21, 2012. One Winner will be selected at random from among all Eligible Entries received for each of the Daily Drawings for a total of five (5) Daily Winners and one Grand Prize Winner will be selected at random from among all Eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Sponsor will make up to one (1) attempt over the twenty-four (24) hour period following the Winners’ selection to contact the potential winners via their respective Twitter accounts and via tweets from http://www.twitter.com/MTVACT. In the event that a potential Winner does not respond within twenty-four (24) hours of being contacted such potential Winner will be disqualified and an alternate Winner will be selected from among the remaining applicable Eligible Entries received. This process will be repeated until a potential Winner responds.
6. Winner Verification: The potential Winners must prove eligibility, including, without limitation, proof of age and residence within three (3) days of being notified as a potential Winner. In the event of non-compliance by a potential Winner such potential Winner shall be disqualified and all privileges otherwise due as a Winner shall be terminated and an alternate potential Winner may be chosen from among all of the remaining applicable Eligible Entries received if time permits in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Each Winner must sign (his/her parent/legal guardian must sign if Winner is not the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which he/she resides) within three (3) days of receipt of the following documents from Sponsor: (a) an affidavit of eligibility and release of Sweepstakes Entities and its respective officers, directors, employees, agents and members (“Releasees”), from any and all liability, loss, claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injury and/or damage, theft, loss, or any other harm suffered in connection with this Sweepstakes or the use/misuse or acceptance of a Prize (as hereinafter defined) or any portion thereof to be eligible for a Prize; and (b) except where prohibited by law, a promotional release granting Sweepstakes Entities the right to use his/her name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation and (c) any other documentation required by Sponsor, including a W2 form and Winner’s social security number for tax purposes (collectively, the “Releases”). Entry into this Sweepstakes constitutes agreement to sign such Releases. Each Winner also must acknowledge that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide insurance of any kind relating to the Prizes and that Winners (his/her parent/legal guardian must sign if Winner is not the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which he/she resides) will be responsible for obtaining and paying for any life, travel, accident, property or other form of insurance relating to the Prize received. Each Winner must also complete any additional legal documents provided by Sponsor (or third party on its behalf, if applicable) with respect to the Prize and return them as instructed within the time frame specified by Sponsor or Winner may forfeit Prize at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Failure to return all such documents and comply with Sponsor’s deadlines, noncompliance with these Official Rules or the return of any prize or prize notification will result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. All decisions of the Sponsor relating to the Sweepstakes are final. Sponsor expressly reserves the right to delay the announcement of the Winners for creative or technical reasons or for any other reason Sponsor deems necessary.
Grand Prize (1): The Grand Prize Winner will receive a trip for two (2) for the Grand Prize Winner and one (1) guest (the “Guest”) to New York City to attend the taping of an MTV show to be determined by Sponsor (the “Event”) currently contemplated to take place between March 19, 2012 and December 30, 2012 in New York, NY. If Grand Prize Winner is a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a minor, the Grand Prize will be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian and such minor must accompany parent or legal guardian on trip as the allotted Guest. The trip will include: (i) roundtrip coach class air transportation for Grand Prize Winner and Guest which shall originate from a major gateway airport of Sponsor’s choice nearest Grand Prize Winner’s primary residence to New York, NY. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute ground transportation for air transportation if the Grand Prize Winner resides within 150 miles of New York, NY; (ii) roundtrip ground transportation for Grand Prize Winner and Guest (to be taken together) between airport and hotel in New York, NY, (iii) one (1) night hotel accommodations based on double occupancy in New York, NY (meals, telephone calls, tips and other incidentals and costs are not included). (collectively, the “Grand Prize”).
Daily Prizes (5): Each Daily Winner will receive: one (1) pair of Beats by Dre. Headphones (the “Daily Prize(s)” and together with the Grand Prize, the “Prizes”).
The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is $1,000.00 and such ARV is subject to change based on current market conditions at time of Grand Prize fulfillment and, when applicable, the time of travel and the distance between departure and destination. Any difference between the stated ARV and the actual value, if any, will not be awarded. and the ARV of each Daily Prize is $200.00. The total ARV of all prizes to be awarded in this Sweepstakes is $2,000.00. Any details related to the Prizes not specified herein shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. The date for fulfillment of the Grand Prize will be between March 19, 2012 and December 30, 2012 and the date of fulfillment of the Daily Prizes will be within approximately 2-3 weeks of selection and verification of the Daily Winners, such dates subject to change in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
8. Grand Prize Terms. If Grand Prize Winner is not available to travel on the dates specified by Sponsor in its sole discretion, Grand Prize Winner privileges and Grand Prize will be forfeited and an alternate Grand Prize Winner may be selected from the remaining Eligible Entries. Grand Prize Winner and Guest must travel together on the same itinerary. Guest traveling with Grand Prize Winner must be at least eighteen (18) years of age at time of prize fulfillment unless Grand Prize Winner is such Guest’s parent or legal guardian. Sponsor will determine the airline carrier and hotel in their sole discretion. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. Grand Prize Winner and Guest must possess all required, valid travel documents in order to travel. Travel arrangements are subject to availability and must be roundtrip. Released Parties shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels or other transportation companies or any other persons providing any of these services and accommodations necessitated by same. Released Parties shall not be liable for any loss or damage to baggage. All travel dates are subject to change in Sponsor’s discretion.
All costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specifically listed above as being provided, including, without limitation, additional ground transportation, luggage fees, meals, snacks, beverages, mini-bar, entertainment, tips, souvenirs, personal expenses, damages to hotel rooms, any equipment to be used in connection with the Grand Prize are solely Grand Prize Winner’s responsibility.
9. General Prize Terms: Arrangements for fulfillment of the Prizes will be made by Sponsor. All costs and expenses not specifically listed above, including, without limitation, any equipment to be used in connection with the use or acceptance of the Prizes are solely Winners’ responsibility. The value of the Prizes may be taxable to the Winners as income. Each Winner may need to supply Sponsor with his/her social security numbers for tax purposes. An IRS Form 1099 may be issued in the name of the Winner, or if a minor in the jurisdiction in which he/she resides, in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian, for the actual value of the prize received. Upon entry into the Sweepstakes, Winners (as well as all other entrants) are required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations. All federal, state and local taxes (if any), and any other costs and expenses associated with the Prizes not specifically provided for in these Official Rules, are solely Winners’ responsibility. Sponsor shall have no responsibility or obligation to the Winners or potential Winners who is unable or unavailable to accept or utilize a Prize as described herein. No substitution, transfer or cash equivalent of the Prizes or any portion thereof is permitted, except by Sponsor, in which case a prize of comparable or greater value may be awarded.
10. General Terms: Noncompliance with any of these Official Rules may result in disqualification. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY A WINNER OR ANY BEHAVIOR BY A WINNER THAT WILL BRING SUCH WINNER OR SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES INTO DISREPUTE (IN SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS A WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS A WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED. The Sweepstakes Entities assume no responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of the Prizes and Winners. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, the Prizes may be awarded to Winners to be selected from among all Eligible Entries received up until and or after (if applicable) the time of modification, cancellation or termination or in a manner that is fair and equitable as determined by Sponsor. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions by Sponsor are final. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THE NEW YORK COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE SWEEPSTAKES AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK SHALL GOVERN THE SWEEPSTAKES. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS. Entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Sweepstakes, to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against Sweepstakes Entities, and hereby acknowledge that Sweepstakes Entities has neither made nor is in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prizes.
11. Request for Names of Winners and Official Rules: For the names of the Winners and/or Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope by April 17, 2012 to: The GYT Campaign, Attention: “The GYT Party Giveaway”, 16th Floor, New York, NY 10036. Please note on the front left-hand corner of your outer envelope whether you are requesting “Official Rules” or the names of the “Winners”. Vermont residents may omit return postage if requesting a set of Official Rules.
12. Sponsor: Sweepstakes sponsored by MTV Act, a brand of Viacom International Inc., 1515 Broadway, New York, NY 10036. Twitter is not a sponsor of the Sweepstakes, and is in no way responsible for the administration of the Sweepstakes, the verification of winners or the fulfillment of the prizes.